Re: [Harp-L] SP 20 Life Span
- To: Aongus Mac Cana <amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SP 20 Life Span
- From: Alfred Barten <vr1139@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:56:00 -0500
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=vgtEwAE4JRH+IsV8uA8McchmDZDkfpf3QYTtEWaIouY=; b=tLzk7ZaXs/YhFAJ80weDxoH/QfSPuaWmMw3dEYV/7PgPw10BFTg8Vm0sStGx4dV7qr whnZxIQApQqN4pKgYrISecRwFzGxp+o0e3rYzlxlYwOj/0Bvetm7vlhoZHpB+blGFuNL MrnbTc+w5/lCm7Sq/e64iF91etQvlhK3REfUY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=UqVpqguwur0UyRi473mv6YsxRyePVAMKlgweV5R80so07WnHGk+5TalR54eyXA2ra3 fAHVDLm6Utl2DVUZOgXqRrtmzuecubWxkzrXSR3ROYR9sUW1yNiDDJ5RHi/5he9AY7CI 0ZaS1qOQdHVhoWNyEmNvIssKuQ2BhgadishnM=
- In-reply-to: <4DE7164C676345ADB774BA47F74CBF6B@fujitsu2bq5kq4>
- References: <4DE7164C676345ADB774BA47F74CBF6B@fujitsu2bq5kq4>
I use Seydel Blues Session harmonicas extensively and have had no problems.
They're my favorites and cost no more than SP20s.
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Aongus Mac Cana <amaccana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I only have one SP 20 in G and find it (even to my inexpert ear/mouth)
> better than "cheapo" alternatives. Rick Epping, whose advice I respect, has
> suggested at various harmonica workshops, which I have attended that the
> SP20 is a good place to start.
> However if you want to try something different, may I suggest a Seydel 1847
> with it's stainless steel reeds. I carry my one, which I bought some years
> ago in Berlin, constantly in my pocket and so far have failed to "blow it
> out". The 1847 is sort of pricey, but maybe Seydel (like Avis used to say
> years ago) "try harder".
> Aongus Mac Cana
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and