[Harp-L] Stomp box recommendations

I've been playing in a duo with a guitarist who used a porchboard bass stomp box and I thought it added a nice bottom to our sound.  She and I have parted ways, however, and I'll be working with a different guitarist in a new duo partnership.  I'm thinking I'd like to again use a stompbox but before I plunk down the bucks for a porchboard I thought I would ask the list if anyone has good feedback about other brands/types of stompboxes.  I'd prefer to have something which is comfortable for use when standing but I'm not sure how realistic that is--I can't see anyway to use the porchboard comfortably while standing, but maybe others have a different experience.  More than that, though, I'm wondering which of the available models deliver the fullest, richest thump.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

John