Fw: Re: [Harp-L] The struggles with innovation

--- On Sun, 2/20/11, Gene Pool <subdomaintain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Gene Pool <subdomaintain@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] The struggles with innovation
To: "walter gloshinski" <waltertore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 7:58 PM

I listened to quite a few of your tracks and enjoyed them quite a bit.  The fact that they are spontaneous compositions makes them even more interesting - whether you ever want to repeat any of them is your business, although I don't see why you couldn't use the themes as improvisational vehicles.

What's strange to me is the name spontobeat, and the flashy suits coupled with the one man band get up.  It all comes across as a bit of a gimmick.  I think you should just call yourself a blues poet and leave it at that.

Anyway, I like what you are doing.  Thanks for sharing the link.

Chromaddict