[Harp-L] Kinder Anti Feedback+ Position in Chain

I had some problems with putting together and new pedal board this past week
using the Kinder, BBE Opto Stomp, Lone Wolf Harp Break, and Line 6 M13.
 Most of the issue seemed to be around using the Opto Stomp so I contacted
BBE.

First, it was suggested that the Kinder AFB should come AFTER my other
effects (but before the M13). I have always, always, always, used it first
(I thought I was told to do that, but can't remember as it has been so
long). Anyone experiment with that? I found one Harp-L post suggesting that
it made the most since even though others had tried it first as well.

Also, and I should have caught this, the Opto is supposed to go AFTER any
distortion/overdrive. I had my pedals going Kinder, Opto, Harp Break,
M13...it should be, according to BBE, Harp Break, Opto, Kinder, M13.

BBE felt this should increase volume (one of my issues was a huge volume
drop) and maximize the use of all the pedals (the second issue I had was a
bad distortion making the Opto Stomp unuseable). I think it makes sense to
have the Kinder between the pedals and M13, at least when using the delays,
etc.

At any rate, any comments on where in the chain you use your Kinder AFB if
you have one? I wager it wasn't really meant to be used with a bunch of
effects, but there are enough techie types here that someone should have
some input.  I basically tried copying Jason Ricci's rig via his YouTubes as
I figured he had a working system, lol.

It should also be noted that at a gig this past week, I used the pedal board
straight into the PA.  The Opto made everything have a bad distortion on it,
but some of that may have been how the mixer was set up in regards to
clipping as well.

Thanks.
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica