Re: [Harp-L] Re: What is SPAH?

Spah for me was sitting in the courtyard, drinking some beer, when a question came up about egg-laying mammals, so I went over to the Australians for the definitive answer and made some new friends in the process. It was a long discussion with Michael Peloquin about the most unbreakable record in baseball (I contended it was Vander Meer's back to back no hitters). It was playing "Lonesome Moonlight Waltz" in the bluegrass jam. It was talking old harmonicas with Harland Crain, the light bulb that went off in my head during AL Smith's 48 chord seminar and beer and sausage with Lars Seifert. It was the Harmonicaire's disease most of us suffered through when we got home. It was sitting at the breakfast table with Phil Caltabellotta and Bob Herndon.
Mostly, it was 4 a.m. in some generic Minneapolis pancake house, listening to Joe Leone tell the story of the exploding donkey, which Joe doesn't like to tell because he was very attached to the donkey before it exploded, but all of us were roaring laughing, including the late Chris Michalek.
Thanks for the memories.

David