[Harp-L] Re: Marine Band Deluxe questions

Hi Jackson,

glad you like the Marine Band Deluxe. You asked for some info so here goes:

The MB Deluxe was only introduced in 2005 and has been very well received by players. The availability issues are a result of the success of this model, as the factory wasn't expecting such high demand. I don't know what may have prompted Wade's suggestion and can't imagine anyone at Hohner telling him this. It's definitely in the new catalogue (which we're currently preparing) and will not be discontinued.

The Crossover is a futher development, it's constructionally fully compatible with the Deluxe but features a triple laquered laminated bamboo comb and a fine tuning closer to equal temperament. Personally I have a slight preference for the bamboo but they're both great harps and I play both pretty much interchangeably.

Hope this helps,

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com