Re: [Harp-L] Re: Volume Control Modification ( Made Easy )

You need to modify those mics like your question asks.

A 275 and 575 are hardwired, which you already know because you own the
mics- I own many myself.  I can't remember about the Sonotone, but you know
because you own the mic.

The 575 could  use a 100K, 250K or a 500k.  I like 250's, but the others
work fine.
The 275   (and Sonotone) most look for a 5Meg.  Not easy to find the small
5Megs without buying bulk.
Most local electronic supply stores have the 100, 500 and sometimes the
250.  Even Radio Shack may  carry some small ones.
I know where to get hi grade Ohmite 2.5M anytime and I think they'll fit in
the 275 because behind the element it's all air for the most part.

Your 575 has a HiZ tranny in there, but you still have room so you can use a
cheap and easy to get Philmore with about 5/8"  head VC....it'll fit I've
done it.
Use Audio taper for a steady  increase in volume.

Re: your 575:
******Remember this because there are some knuckleheads on EBAY that are
making Low Z Dynamic Bullet mics  with a volume control (not the first time
I've seen this).   They then offer an inline  Hi Z transformer, but the
problem with that is the VC is now in the wrong place.......   The VC is
always after the transformer for proper operation.

IF need some VC's let me know.

--
steve
www.myspace.com/thunderharpmics