Re: [Harp-L] What is SPAH?

For me SPAH is something absolutely unique in the music world: a place where players at all levels, immortal/world class/pro/semi-pro/amateur/novice, get together to listen to and learn from each other.  It's pretty amazing.  You don't see novice guitar players talking to Eric Clapton at some guitar festival. But you see Robert Bonfiglio playing with novices at SPAH.

I've been critical about aspects of SPAH in the past and probably will continue to be.  SPAH accepted my offer of a few hours of volunteer work every month, and I'm working now on some ideas for one of their programs, so maybe next year someone will be criticizing what I put together. However SPAH changes in future, I hope that the part of it that I described above remains.  Like I said, unique, not to mention beautiful.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick