Re: [Harp-L] RE: overly verbose quoting

On Feb 5, 2011, at 10:34 AM, Danny Wilson wrote:
I sometimes wonder if the giglist is really necessary, posted weekly
on Harp-L.  I'm open to any ideas, suggestions, and changes that will
help to save space, member readership time, etc.

"Keep those gigs comin' in."

Thanks again to all.

Danny

Hey Danny, aka Dan da Man, aka Mr. Wilson, aka 'Dennis the Menace's nemesis. Just a little note here you national harmonica treasure you.

I think there are plenty of people who use and abuse your listing(s). They just don't get around to telling you how much they appreciate them. I know I do. Your listings have tipped me off to people that have come to my area that I wouldn't have know about otherwise. I (myself) can't use your list because of superstition. In a few weeks I will be on a 14 day Carib cruise and right after that the Cardinal State fest. But I can't list it.

In the case of the cruise, it is not a blues cruise. It is not a jazz cruise. Whomsoeveer is going to be ON the ship would have been there anyway, so what's the point.

You see, back when my daughter was 16, she lost her 5 best friends all in the same night. They were coming home from a concert. A concert I wouldn't let my daughter attend. Having been hit by a tanker truck, everyone burned up. Sooo, the thought of anyone getting hurt or loosing the use of their life going to or coming from anything involving me, would be so horrible that I could never ever leave the house again. Besides, I'm not exactly what one could call a 'draw'. The list should be for the pros. :)

joe (sergio) Leone..... the man with no name.