Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:09:35 -0500 (EST)
From: The Iceman <icemanle@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reading Music
To: peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Interesting. As a teacher constantly working with students w/no knowledge of music on harmonica, I was fascinated by the idea that you don't need notation to teach theory, as I just couldn't wrap my head around this, as I will use notation (simplified) with these students. Any new easy way to teach theory will help me in my evolution as a teacher. More complete approaches to teaching, say, harmonies and voicings without using notation would be welcome to me and my students.