[Harp-L] Reading Music

Heck!
I hope that this thread is not going to lead to a "flaming episode". As far
as I am concerned both sides of the "To read or not to read" debate have
given me useful ideas.
I am aware of the difference between being able to read and assimilating
music theory. Both are helpful to the enjoyment of and creation of music.
In my previous existence as a mechanical engineer I found that the engineers
who made the greatest impression on me were tradesmen or practical guys who
had taken on board just as much academic/theoretical knowledge as they
needed to achieve their objective of fastest car or whatever turned them on.
So let it be with music.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana