 Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 10:25:23 -0700
 From: Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Nobel Prize winner on Harp-L!
 To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
> Roger -
>
> The obstruction - the narrowing of the air passage - is what sets up the
> resonant chamber. It's what I call the activator...<clippage>

Today, Harp-L and our own Winslow Yerxa have reached new apogees.

I was intrigued with Roger's e-mail signature:

I thought, "Gee, University of Chicago!," and followed Professor Myerson's link.

What a surprise I got when, upon a little further digging, I discovered that Professor Myerson is a Nobel Prize winner! Yes, the unassuming "Roger" asking questions about bending while tongue blocking is the 2007 Nobel Laureate in Economics:

It is the dawning of a new age on Harp-L!

 Congratulations once again, Winslow. You are the only person I know who
 has advised a Nobel Laureate about /anything/.

 Finally, Dr. Myerson, I hope you don't mind me "outing" you on the list.
 :-)

-- Roger B. Myerson, Glen A. Lloyd Distinguished Service Professor Department of Economics, University of Chicago 1126 East 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637 Phone: 773-834-9071, Fax: 773-702-8490 http://home.uchicago.edu/~rmyerson/