Re: [Harp-L] Amp Comparisons - Are there any?

bluesharmonica.com has another amp comparison that is really good but you may have to pay for a month to see it. Just to watch the videos alone is worth more than one month.

--- On Wed, 2/2/11, Dennis Moriarty <yodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Dennis Moriarty <yodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Amp Comparisons - Are there any?
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 2:39 PM

A few years ago I began to fish for interest, organize, etc a NYC based harp-voiced amp comparison venue but I became devitalized relative to a traffic jam of other activities. The only places I am aware of that you can comparatively sample amps is at some of the gatherings like SPAH. It's a very expensive and frustrating game to go through trying out amps on speculation and others opinions. The good news is the top sellers such as the Harp (John's on a building hiatus now according to an email to me a few months ago) King, Sonny Jr. creations, Meteors, and Harp Gear amps have a good resale value on ebay. The bad news is if you sell a good one to finance a holy grail you may find out that the superseding amp isn't as good as the amp it superseded. I'm also very visual so I can get trapped by the aesthetic. There is a guy on youtube "harpsucker" out of Germany that has reviewed myriad harp amps: mostly vintage but also newer. Obviously just type
 "harpsucker" in the youtube s!
earch box. My amp (literally the one I own: A Magnatone Clio with a 15'') is up there and he may have utilized (I know he's referred to it in a communication) my performance with a Kinder 2 10'' "Soulful" which is an example of an amp I shouldn't have sold. So good luck. There is a lot to choose from these days- just not a lot of ways to make that choice empirical. My best. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues ;   http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1367217519