Re: [Harp-L] Video lesson series

I’m an old coot but have only been playing harp 14 months.

I thought that was a great first lesson lesson.  Quickly showing/explaining the reed layout and removing some of the “mystery” from the instrument for the raw beginner was a good touch.

The video/sound quality seemed to be above the usual YouTube standards and the camera work was good... I’ll bet there are great stories to go with the background art work.

Introduction to embouchure, single notes, three-note chords, the idea of breath-control, scales, hand-effects and a playable rhythm in just six+, well-paced minutes; who could ask for more?

If you can offer help with rack playing you may become the next YouTube legend!  I’m now a subscriber & will follow your lessons.

On Feb 2, 2011, at 10:43 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> From: John Frazer <harmonicajohns@xxxxxxx>
> Date: February 2, 2011 9:04:31 AM CST
> To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Harp-L] Video lesson series
>

> I am starting a video lesson series. First lesson is here;
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhoRhwVwp1c
>
> Please check it out and comment with criticism and suggestions. If there are
> any techniques or subjects you would like to see covered, let me know. I
> appreciate the support of all the harp-lers over the years.

Surly-Mac