[Harp-L] Amp Comparisons - Are there any?

FWIW, i've played with band leaders who preferred not to have harp going through the PA--and it had nothing to do with whether or how much they liked harp. It was a question of balance. All the other instruments (except the drums) were amped.

Balance is important. For example, I wouldn't use my Super Reverb (4 10s) on a gig where the guitar player was playing through a 1x12.

Personally, i prefer NOT to mic (or line out) my amp unless all the other instrument amps are also miced. Why? Balance.

But there's certainly no hard and fast rules about this stuff.

JP