Re: [Harp-L] free reed physics

On Feb 1, 2011, at 7:23 PM, sheltraw@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Joe

I am not planning on writing a paper for publication nor am I ruling it
out.

Hi, it's just that I had seen your base (berkeley.edu) and the detective in me thought that you might be in education. Especially since your posts always seem both technical and inquisitive. :)

Presently I just want to know what the state of the art is with
respect to the mathematical physics of the free reed.

Unfortunately I can't tell you right now. It would have to 'come' to me. (shhhh, I'm what some might call a savant..but don't let that out.)
Since you are in the right area, I suggest a query aimed at the sound lab at Cal Tech.
jo-jo

Cheers!

What are you doing? a paper?

Skippy D. Deaudaux