[Harp-L] Re: Group Arrangement

The Fender keyboard bass had I think 18 keys, and was used in lieu of bass by the great pianist (I forgot her name!) in the band Cricket Hill (New England early 1970's:   amazing drummer - Jamie Newell, now of Nashville; astounding singer - Helen Schneider, now of Berlin, and awesome B3 by George Nasser (also in Deutchsland now, I believe)).  No guitars.

I recall it was a little Fender-Rhodes-type keyboard, with the vibrating rods and adjustable rings.  It brought the bottom!

-Dave Fertig
:
Re: [Harp-L] Re: Group Arrangement
        	Monday, January 31, 2011 4:36 PM

            From:
            "Bill Hines" <billhines4@xxxxxxxxx>

        	To:
        	"Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>I've
 seen some keyboard players that hold down the bass with their left hand
 on a separate set of keys. I think Ray Manzarek of the Doors did this
since they had no bass player.

Bill Hines