Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Professional 2016 CBH

Madcat is correct. Made between  late1969 and early 1980. The plates made in Germany and the 'Delrin' parts from Connecticut. They were final assembled in Hicksville (a town on Long Is. N.Y.). Mine cost $27.99 and that was in 1974. I got a good deal at a music store in Johnstown Pa., as they were usually closer to $40.oo. They didn't sell well ( at least in the Pa., Oh. N.Y., area ), and this was because the price was such that most music stores did not want to stock one. And with none on display, they flew under the radar, and most people did not even know that they existed. And this was at a time when a Hohner 64 (280 model) was going for $25.oo or so. The current values range from a low of $95 to a high of $320. Naturally price dependent on condition.

As for longevity, they are excellent harps, some of the very best artists play them. They have a nice foggy tone.
smo-joe