Re: [Harp-L] SPAH presenters

Perhaps if SPAH was to make it known from the start that it was a resource and that all presenters/performers would be asked permission to allow their seminar/performance to be a part of this entity, enhancing and educating the harmonica world, only those that are "with the program" will respond.

Also, a suggestion regarding making SPAH a major resource.....with their web site.  Performances/seminar videos would be accessed through the web site using a password that would be a part of the SPAH membership benefit. There are a few on line harmonica education resources that already use this protocol to great success.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Hess <TrackHarpL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Dec 19, 2011 10:30 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH presenters

Right, no signatures are asked for.  Greg had said that he would be
shocked if anyone  *would* decline to sign a release.  Strictly
hypothetical.

SPAH doesn't and shouldn't center its policy around one person's
privacy concerns.  And the point of having a release is to make
various intentions and expectations explicit, and in that sense, it
could be a good thing.  If SPAH were to decide to ask people to sign a
release before performing or presenting, I would decline (with a heavy
heart, I assure you).  There would surely be other performers and
presenters who would be fine with it.  I would still love SPAH, and
still participate as an attendee.    But the suggestion that "no-one
would object" was a bit of erroneous thinking that I felt the need to
correct.

Elizabeth (aka "Tin Lizzie", whose KILLER harp performances while
wearing Groucho glasses and a burqa shall forever remain apocryphal)