Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 100, Issue 34

Using someone's music without their permission is a crime. It's called theft of intellectual property. Nowadays many people seem to think not in terms of what is right or wrong but in terms of what they can get away with it. If you don't get caught it's OK? I am not a member of SPAH, but I think it is absurd for people to suggest that a not for profit organization, dedicated to the advancement of a musical art form, engage in a criminal activity whose victims are the creators, performers, and producers of the art they are purported to be advancing. I say do the right thing, not what you can get away with. Just my two cents. My first post on this list, so hello to all.

- Rick