Re: [Harp-L] Cristo Redentor (was: Politics and Blues Harp)

46long Blake wrote:
>>> Insurance harp-content opinion palate-cleanser: Musselwhite's "Christo
>> Redentor' off of "Tennessee Woman" is the greatest harp-centered
>> composition ever. There.

To which arthur jenning repied:

>I can fight over that: it isn't a harp-centered composition at all. It was
>written by piano player Duke Pearson and first recorded by trumpeer Donald
>Byrd.

Arthur's right.  but you might argue that the Mussewhite performance is the greatest harp-centered PERFORMANCE ever.  It's the one that changed my life, that's for sure.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick