Re: [Harp-L] Politics and Blues Harp
- To: Bill Kumpe <bkumpe@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Politics and Blues Harp
- From: Abner <cdgaldos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:44:21 -0500
- Cc: "<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=bellsouth.net; s=s1024; t=1323967463; bh=jtrRpzM+9JKb4Xq9o3BWDzgkBRs0RgM/osGVew5VWqM=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:References:In-Reply-To:Mime-Version:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Message-Id:Cc:X-Mailer:From:Subject:Date:To; b=ZiE5Fw5GMYbQZpQ04sB4WC2n2yhXHHzvUhvNa8kA4KU2ghlgYO0Vn93HiUz1o/ccFspmyjvQs0YTPGhl4wzTd2kb2mAVQZFSINY//VY/K1YbECHhcPZbQ5VMBsmkeINqZfPOIX0sxRX2Fl7sYLCi/sondJXLGXxewmMBqefACpo=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It's interesting that you should bring this up.
I for one don't care music is music.
But I know a few teens that play and love Christian Rock, And the other day I was thinking would they be interested in playing Christian Blues.
I love all kinds of music and feel strongly that one should never abandon one kind or another.
Music is an art of pure love.
On Dec 15, 2011, at 9:36 AM, "Bill Kumpe" <bkumpe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am a born again Christian, politically conservative, blues fan. There are
> a lot of us. We just don't talk about it. There is a tendency among some
> in the performing arts to adopt the attitudes of and inject into their
> performances whatever they perceive to be the current political/social
> zeitgeist. That is a terrible mistake. While nobody begrudges a performer
> their honest expression of their views on any subject through their art, the
> self-serving agenda of many performers is obvious and that degrades the art.
> I flee political correctness, especially the self-serving genre, and will
> not pay good money to support performers who inject it into what is supposed
> to be entertainment. I am a social and political conservative and my money
> tends to follow my beliefs. While I never inquire into the politics of any
> performer, the first time they force PC or liberal orthodoxy upon me in a
> performance, I walk, if need be in the middle of the performance, and never
> support them again.
> Bill Kumpe
> Tulsa, OK
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and