[Harp-L] Gypsy Jazz

Dave-

Great post on manouche harmmonica. I guess it was only a matter of time before the harp caught up the Gypsy revival. That stuff is real bitch to play on the guitar becuase of the irregular pick technique requited by the style; lets hope it's easier on harp, Django was one one of the most incredible players ever-I don't know of of any guitarist who wasn't amazed when he first encontered those recordings. How an illerate nomad like Django rose to to such heights, especially after burning his fretting hand, imakes his life story all the more impressive.

-Glenn