[Harp-L] Spiral from LO plates, WAS: smaller kit

Here's my favorite method for re-tuning a LO into a Spiral:
Streamlined, economical, and reliable.

ADVANTAGES
7 reeds are unchanged in pitch
All lower (no raise)
Fast soldering
Easy fine-tuning
No reeds to swap
No additional plates to buy

EXAMPLE
Start with G plates to get C Spiral, D plates to get G Spiral, etc.
Blow 1-2-3 remain the same, Draw 1, and 8,9,10 remain the same
All other notes lower from -1 to -5 semitones (easy with silver-solder)

BONUS
Ask for my spiral tuning chart, I will send PDF and a blank master you can
copy.  I list the semitones to change for each hole. You calculate the notes
for each key. (Easier than it sounds)

PROCEDURE
Identify and drop solder on reed tips
Set electronic tuner on the desired note (sustained audible tone)
Add or remove solder until your "plink" pitch is very close
Assemble plates and comb (no covers)
Fine tune to ET @ 441

PS
Crazy Bob's posts specifying the "underlying scale" are a big help to
understanding this tuning, which has so many scales and modes! I love it!

Robert Hale
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success
http://www.youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL <http://www.youtube.com/user/DUKEofWAIL>