[Harp-L] re: When a reed wont tune?

".....got my first Seydel Session Pro.....the 4 blow reed went really flat"

i bought several Blues Session circular tuned harps from Seydel. i really
liked the sound, shape and feel but the reeds didn't last anywhere as long
as I felt they should for a $40 harmonica. So I went thru the trouble of
retuning 18 Lee Oskar harps to circular tuning (it takes 15 or so reed
changes) because they really last for me.

Anyone know why the quality of the brass used for the reeds differs so
drastically?