[Harp-L] Was: Looking for Bassman type amp - Now: Harp Friendly Jam Sessions

The free Colorado Blues Jam Post provides a wealth of blues jam info  from
CO Springs, through the Denver/Boulder area, and up north into  the
Greeley/Loveland/Ft Collins region.  First page is an editorial which  you can
choose to skip, then comes the jam  list sorted by day of the week & venue name.
When known I  include what gear the venue and the host band provide for the
guest  musicians, including whether or not a harp rig is available.  Also
things such as driving directions, whether there are stairs to climb, if
the event is all ages, if food is available + other relevant  details.

harmonicaplanet.com and click on the Jam Post tab, then just type in  your
email address.  I send it once a month, with a rare special  edition if there is
a notable event.  No spam, hassle free  opt out at the bottom of each email.

If you're in Colorado or Southern Wyoming, my own harp friendly 'Kinda
Acoustic' jam is once a month on the first Thursday.  Monroe's  Lounge / Best
Western Hotel on Hwy 34, just off I-25 across from  the Loveland Outlet
Stores.  Next one is Sept 1st.  I don't mind  sharing, harp amp & killer Twin
Tone mic provided.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones
www .harmonicaplanet.com

On 08/24/2011 07:36 PM, jonlewandowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have  just been asked to host an open mic in town and I am in need of a
Bassman type  4x10 amp that is harp friendly. Of course budget is limited,
but let me know  what's out there...thanks....Jon

wow, pretty friendly.  i've never  been to an open mic that was remotely
that harp friendly.  around here  it's usually use your own or play through
the PA.  one jam hosted by a  local guitar god won't let you use your own
amp, and the one they supply  (when they do) is either feedback city or
inaudible.

good for you for  caring enough to do it right,