Re: [Harp-L] Hetrick at SPAH
- To: Harp <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hetrick at SPAH
- From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:23:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1313609020; bh=IKKzyZoewqfryvMYDG/y/MklrcOvKBd0sCLwNORxN9k=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=fLPudOWTPakOexRmpLSHV5tKMG+vek5PTb73/6PYAcg0mimg7dAbItJLXl90T4yFg1v5hB+RFfyArJadPBS7yM91c099is1INsyuZkCBVDJUxCTFPc3w3CTPg1RYQhsu8nRan5gix9sxsHB6agktIwtgXkyhuw8vKUGsi9R+KhI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=g9h+6degCmVTPsh/1WeMh7l1Te2di7mLzZ/yD0xfejjgAmTR5aJPgqlreoQUlY5JLdq/zl5AOE38ll3tgayWCOcnXAtmlNgjOK4GPUiYpPhJ1tFZIRvK8M2KmQ85jd/bUlu1VSd2RP3oBl1r09mTDt9eyhCG9cMv53Zng7/4RFA=;
- In-reply-to: <CABu82OA-cqpm+9jZnSkx0npynPR+ONq8c2utgW-mW4MKY1dHOg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CABu82OA-cqpm+9jZnSkx0npynPR+ONq8c2utgW-mW4MKY1dHOg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
They were nice combs, too! I saw some of the ones passed out by Hetrick. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the seminar, intrigued though I as by the offer of free combs. My one regret about helping to actually run the SPAH convention is that there is so much cool stuff going on that I can't get to - seminars, performances, jams.
SPAH is such a rich experience for everyone who attends, and Matthew has just given a great example.
Author, Harmonica For Dummies ISBN 978-0-470-33729-5
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
From: Matthew Smart <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:58 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Hetrick at SPAH
Not to toot our own horn, but we held two workshops on harmonica combs at
SPAH. Every attendee got a freebie. We talked about different materials
(woods, composites, corian, etc.). Sorry to those who missed. I estimate
that we gave away about 60 combs and a few harp cases etc.
I found that giving, rather than selling, to be a much more positive
experience -- much more enjoyable than sitting in a vendor room all day. We
did the seminars, walked around and handed out free schwag. I even did a
couple of harmonica repairs in my hotel room. All in all, it was a great
time and I hope we built up some goodwill in the harmonica community. Thanks
to Manfred and SPAH for having us.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and