Re: [Harp-L] Poor presentations of harmonica how to videos T
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Poor presentations of harmonica how to videos T
- From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:20:11 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=earthlink.net; b=JiD7IL+ccgg5oB6oIbH8ejnxLux+Oq7OUnxxc8oPvjmddiFLCrv7do3vcRnxZaOE; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- Reply-to: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
michael rubin wrote:
<I am willing to take another step towards respectability when my
<budget allows. Where can I get a good black backdrop? Is there a
Michael, any black sheet will do. Get the cheapest one you can find--it won't make a difference to the audience. If you can't find a black sheet at a decent price, get any old white sheet and dye it black with one of the dyes that are sold for that purpose. Pin it up on the wall behind you and you've got the backdrop.
Once you have that, you need to think about lighting. The least expensive thing to do is to experiment with any lamps you have around the house to see if any of them will give you good lighting (from the camera's point of view). You can also see whether there's a location in your house with good natural lighting, and put the sheet up behind you there.
Lights can be expensive, so try everything else first.
Regards, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp"
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://hunterharp.com
Vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and