Re: [Harp-L] STOLEN EMAIL ADDRESS - BE AWARE!
- To: Danny Wilson <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] STOLEN EMAIL ADDRESS - BE AWARE!
- From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:47:14 -0500
- Cc: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>, harp talk <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=KHl8otjoJk304HzOkjQoRzceb6NnOkf0pGhTbxvw2oE=; b=xmZP1BpclVQ8auot+ZZ3fjg6DpnPp1QOPDAAKwR3TPStWHZrVNjTKeaxjqNo1R1Vz+ K2QH4hifj0TD4bWonCrTMpTq2yqaCapXMjkFwTZ1EH2j1/j3lpQTIh3aoUUm0frvrnUx wWFZVi4UIi8TuTE9qev6KSM+ZIpEynk3g6/uE=
- In-reply-to: <4E4948F4.email@example.com>
- References: <4E4948F4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Instead of stopping email harp-l, I recommend getting a new email
address and starting over. Consider:
1. Anyone who knows you quickly spotted that you had been hacked
because the email was out of character and talking about thing a phish
scam person talks about.
2. You were alerted within the first couple of hours.
Don't let the hackers restrict your freedom. Accept the fact that
there are bad eggs in the world and that the damage was minimal and
will probably be minimal in the future.
If you were to stop being a part of the community and stop your gig
list, that would be major.
However, on a side note, I have noticed multiple emails from you in
the past about whether or not you should continue the gig list.
Although I know many of us appreciate the service, if you are no
longer enjoying it, feel no responsibility to continue it. It is your
life, do as you please.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Danny Wilson <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FORMAL NOTICE:
> Someone has been using my name (email address) to make posts that are
> obviously NOT FROM ME!!!
> I will never again post to Harp-L or any other public forum, knowing this is
> a possibility. This then
> must include the giglists, etc.
> I would make an offer to sell my email address, but it has already been
> stolen. All take note.
> Danny Wilson
> LATEST POST ON HARP-L:
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:17:45 +0300 (GMT+03:00)
> Subject: [Harp-L] (no subject)
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> my spending habits ruined my credit I knew that it was time to try something
> new this was my ticket to a free ride...
> http://salanowyswiat.home.pl/GarySpencer29.html I love not having
> responsibilities anymore youll get the hang of it
> PO Box 5061
> Hudson, FL 34674-5061
> * http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm
> * http://www.bassharp.com/bassharp.htm
> SPECIAL SALE ITEMS:
> George Fields CD Info:
> * http://www.bassharp.com/fields.htm
> * http://www.bassharp.com/fields-a.htm
> * http://www.bassharp.com/fields-d.htm
> Dave McKelvy Tribute DVD Set:
> * http://www.bassharp.com/mckelvytribute.htm
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and