Re: [Harp-L] Blu-Tack and Solder: Go Brendan!

"File some brass" !! why didn't I think of that?? So that's how you get brass powder! Duh! Still, I think I'll hang with the Blutak
RD

>>> Larry Sandy <slyou65@xxxxxxxxx> 15/08/11 10:24 AM >>>
Tomorrow I will file some brass and give this method a trial.  I'll probably overdo it and create a monster in the key of LLH.

Breathing Music daily, missing SPAH today
Jealous
Lockjaw Larry

________________________________
From: Steve Shaw <moorcot@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:12 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Blu-Tack and Solder: Go Brendan!

Hi Michelle!  I remember you recommending this years ago, and I bought a little plastic bottle of that brass powder and tried the technique. It works! The fast-setting epoxy is crucial - it will set even faster if you give it some gentle heat. I've got a bit less adventurous over the years, doing little more than the odd Paddy Richter retune, but I'm hanging on to that little bottle of brass powder!