Re: [Harp-L] banging out buzzing coverplate

First you need a piece of very hard wood (or metal). Then mark where the reed is touching. Next drill a recess in the wood/metal. Next place a small ball bearing ON the mark, set the cover plate on the recess and tap the ball bearing into the cover. Just make enough dent to let the reed clear the cover.

smo-joe