[Harp-L] RE: A Festival in France, friendship over the sea and harmonicas

Thank you Mick :)

In France there are 2 main festivals:

"Harmonicas sur Cher" ( in St Aignan sur Cher...the slideshow ;) ) near Orléans in end of May or begining of June which the website is http://www.harmonicasurcher.com/
and
"Les harmonicales" near Limoges in October and the website is : http://siteharpedge.free.fr/

Both places are nice and more far representative of my country than Paris if you plan to visit (People are nice :), the spirit is good...)
On the slideshow it is not obvious that there are jam sessions in these festivals, but really there are :)) (turkish people playing with brasilian and american and french and ... Great spirit !)

Pablo Fagundes (Brasil/Brasilia) is a very nice guy in addition to be a great harmonica player, but Marcus Moreas ans him are both monsters for their way to play so fast, good and with an incredible tempo !...

I like blues as well as lots of people in France, (Also Belgium and other french speaking parts) but I agree that the more people are curious and opened to what happend over the world and the more they are rich of the culture not uniq and I believe this is good for inspiration... But anyway that's the people who feel that and nobody except themselves can make them confident with what I just wrote...

In Belgium for festivals there is Harmoliège every two years, which is the one from which festivals started in Europe (as I know): http://www.croch.info/dot-harmo/

On my two blogs I am trying to list some regular festivals for people who don't always know about...where I would like to come one day :)

Patrice Rayon
http://harmonica-world.over-blog.com/
http://harmonica-francophone.over-blog.com/