[Harp-L] Sit-Ins

Looking back, a gentle request to sit is ok with most bands.  But, be ready
and don't expect to do more than two songs unless asked.  Get out of the way
when you are done and don't run out the door because you won't play any
longer.  Be courteous and listen to the band. Remember the house and buy
some food or drink.  If you don't, then you can contribute to the bands'
demise because patronage is essential.  An average for a trio here is
$350.00 and the house must first recover that to make money.

Currently, I do a Thursday night gig where sit ins are encouraged and
receive a free drink.  The trick is how to politely control the sit-ins
especially when they are not very good players.  I have finally learned
that.  Also, getting them to buy some food and drink is tricky.  Got do it
to keep you job..

Bottom line, I think, all groups enjoy a courteous and knowledgeable sit-in.

Stryker