[Harp-L] Re: asking to sit it

Honestly I HATE that.

I  don't  wanna  sound  like an a**hole, BUT there's a lot of work behind a show and it's their gig (or mine), not a jam
session.

I NEVER EVER ask to sit in to anybody and I don't like when someone, completely unknown, ask me "hey I got my instrument
here, I'm cool (or whatever) and if you want I can play!"

What  jumps  in  my mind is: "why don't you find your own band, buddy?". I don't play standard blues and I like to put a
lot  of arrangement on what I play so I can't see the point: why don't the people enjoy what they're listening to? Music
is LISTENING first.

I LOVE to go to the gigs and listen other musicians and I don't want to bother them with me playing my harmonica.

Anyway  if there's a musician I know and I know this person as a good musician, if the situation is the right one, I ask
him/her   to   join the band and I'm happy if there's a band that I know calling me on stage, of course. BUT I NEVER ASK
TO  SIT  IN (they are working, not me) and I HATE WHEN THEY ASK ME TO SIT IN (try to listen what I'm doing, it's my gig,
ain't it?)

If it's a jam session: EVERYBODY IS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers!

--
Riccardo Grosso
Viale Venezia 33