Re: [Harp-L] Feedback?

Every time I see a report on the feedback tendencies of a mic, I have the following questions.

Q. Why is the gain of the mic more important than the gain of the entire system including the mic and the amp?

It seems to me that the following things are important concerning feedback.
- The amount of sound (at each frequency) from the speaker that enters the mic.
- The phase of that sound with respect to the source and the speaker.

Q. How can that involve the mic unless it is allowed to affect the overall system gain which would affect speaker loudness?

Q. If the loudness at the speaker and the positions of the speaker and mic don't change, how can a different mic affect feedback?

Q. If the responses of two mics are different at different frequencies, could not this be corrected by equalizer controls?

Vern