[Harp-L] When guitar key and Harp key are not in sync

I don't know if this has anything to do with your situation or not but ...
When I tune my guitar by ear (old school "Hey keyboard, gimme an E " method
)  instead of using the digital electronic tuner, I will invariably tune a
few cents sharp.  Many if not most harps are not tuned to a pure 440 A
either.  They may be a few cents one way or another to accommodate smoother
chords, sound brighter etc.  And the older they get the more out of tune
they may be. Would it be possible for the tuning "errors" to accumulate?
When playing by myself, if something doesn't sound quite right, I usually
just tune the guitar to the A on the harp.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK