re: [HARP-L] AKG SR40 snap on

FYI -

The now legal frequencies are in the 640Mhz band. Samson's single-channel units are on channels N1-N6, which I believe is the same as everyone elses'.  Channel N1 is at 642.375 Mhz and N6 is at 645.75 Mhz. Note that channels N1 and N2 overlaps old TV broadcast UHF channel 42, and channels N3-N6 overlap old UHF broadcast channel 43.

Note that we're talking about UHF systems here. The rules didn't change for VHF systems operating in the 170-200Hmz range. Some of these do conflict with old broadcast channels 7-13.

@davymax - yes - the old systems still work. They're just not legal.

@Seth re: "ccording to the spec on AKG's website, this transmitter/receiver is in the 710 MHz to 865 MHz range.  Best case: Dave's SO is 800MHz or higher. " no - even 800mhz and higher are no longer legal AFAIK.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/duracool/id343874731