[Harp-L] Harp Mic Technical Question

This is my first post to Harp-L in many years... please forgive any protocol errors on my part.

I'm installing a Shure (black) CR element in a new Astatic jt-30 Roadhouse (Hohner) shell.  I want to replace the Astatic VC potentiometer with a 250k ohm linear to match the CR element but I'm having a terrible time finding one that will physically fit properly in the Astatic shell.  It needs a 3/4 inch long 3/8 inch dia. x 32 TPI bushing and a one inch long shaft to reach out through the shell.  I've searched Mouser, Allied, etc. and even bought a couple pots from Hong Kong through eBay.  The 250k part is easy and so is the inch long shaft and the 3/8" dia. bushing, but most have short bushings.  A long-shaft, long-bushing one that I ordered from Hong Kong was close, but the bushing was metric so the fit was too sloppy and I couldn't re-use the Astatic flush mounted nut.  I could either chop the shell to make a short-bushing pot fit, or I could leave out the pot altogether... but I'd rather have a VC without chopping the shell.  There must be a way to do this.  Do any mic builders out there know a source for this elusive replacement potentiometer?

By the way:  Some good sources I've found for mic parts and info are:
http://harpmicgaskets.com/
http://www.fatbottom-mics.com/index.html
http://www.greenbulletmics.com/Welcome_Page.php
http://www.harmonicamasterclass.com/vintage_collection.htm