[Harp-L] New CD Release - Lots of Harp Content (SJ Cruncher, RP350 w/Hunter Patches, Chuck Gurney CR)!

Hello fellow Harp-L'ers,

I am going to do a bit of shameless promotion for my band, "The
ColdRail Blues Band's" recent CD release "Blind Horizon".  This CD is
a mix of originals and covers and has harp on 80% of the tunes using
gear, techniques, and insights frequently discussed on this forum.
The male vocals and harp work are from your's truly.

The six original tracks can be heard at our web site www.ColdRail.com
(and the CD can be purchased there as well!).  Audio snippets of all
tunes and digital download are available at
http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetails.aspx?albumid=ALB000071665 .

1) "Lead Footed Mama" - Blues rock - SJ Cruncher, Gurney Black label
CR in Turner CX shell
2) "Dog House" - R&B'ish - Lee Oskar G natural minor, Digitech RP350
with a Hunter Champ patch, Fireball V mic
3) "Blind Horizon" - Jazzy - CX-12 Chromatic 3rd position - Digitech
RP350 with a Hunter Champ patch, Fireball V mic - I am pretty excited
about how this tune turned out.  Although I have played diatonic since
the 70's, I just started playing chromatic last year and wrote this
tune specifically for 3rd position chromatic.  MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO
THIS ONE!
4) "Bad Ass Jean" - Rock - Harp solo mid-tune - SJ Cruncher, Gurney
Black label CR in Turner CX shell
5) "Yesterday" - Zydeco - This a cover from the great Beau Jocque - I
attempt to emulate some Cajun accordion rythm using a Hunter chorus
patch on a RP350 with a Leslie rotating speaker cabinet effect which I
really like.  Fireball V mic.  This song is always a crowd pleaser.
An audio snippet can be heard here:  http://www.digstation.com/AlbumDetails.aspx?albumid=ALB000071665
6) "Pray'n the Blues" - Gospel blues - I again use the Hunter chorus/
leslie cab patch to mimic a church organ on this tune.

7) "My Luck Is Gonna Turn" - Funk'esque - No harp

8) "Blues Overtook Me" - Blues rock - this is the great Charlie
Musselwhite tune that should be part of every electric blues band's
set list - SJ Cruncher, Gurney Black label CR in Turner CX shell
(acoustic style on the high register "Magic Dick" riff)

9) "Black Cat Bone" - Blues - Wille Dixon cover - this is a live
recording from an outdoor show - SJ Cruncher, Gurney Black label CR in
Turner CX shell
10) "Messin' with the Kid" - Blues rock - The great Junior Wells tune
- this is also a live recording - SJ Cruncher, Gurney Black label CR
in Turner CX shell

We were very pleased with the resulting audio quality and overall
finished product of this project, our first for this band.  I was also
very pleased with how simple it was to run two xlr mic cables from the
digitech RP350 pedal directly to the digital recording rack and get
such high quality capture without having to worry about mic selection,
mic bleed, etc.

Give it a listen, I hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think, and
buy a CD if you like it.

Thanks,

Glenn Woodhouse
The ColdRail Blues Band