Re: [Harp-L] Hohner "Rhythm & Blues" Harmonicas

MANFRED WEWERS schrieb:
More than 30 years ago, I obtained two Hohner, six chord harmonicas, the CI and FII models.  I believe they first appeared in the 70's and disappeared in the mid 80's.  The CI has C,F,G (blow) and B,E,F (draw) chords and the FII, F,Gmin,B (blow) and Dmin, C, G (draw) chords.  Does anyone know why they were created  and for what purpose?  Was there a specific music style in mind?  I use the CI model but have difficulty with the FII.
What kind of tunes can it be used for? Any information would be appreciated.

Hi Manfred,

first a bit of correction: the chords on the CI model are C - F - G7 on blow and Bb - Eb - F7 on draw, the chords on the FII model are F - gmin - Bb on blow and dmin - C7 - G7 on draw.

Hohner said back then, that the CI was for playing "Rock`Roll and Twist" while the FI was for playing "traditional music and Dixieland".

I think this kind of harmonica was introduced during the 1960s.

Hope this helps,

Otto