[Harp-L] Spah Conventions

I don't see what the hubbub is about the SPAH conventions.  I've been to
nine of them between 1999 and 2010.  Every one of them has been GREAT !!!

Were any of them perfect? No.  But at each one I had a good time, met a lot
of great folks, learned a lot about playing the harp, played a lot of harp,
and heard some incredible music.  Each one was unique.  Vive le difference!
I don't think I ever talked to anyone at a SPAH who wasn't having a good
time.  Gripes? Sure, but 5 days at SPAH still beats just about any other 5
days anywhere else.

Just noting this in case anyone on harp-L who's not been to a SPAH
convention gets the wrong impression from the recent bantering and
hand-wringing ...

And registration for the 2011 SPAH convention will be open soon (if it's not
already), so go see for yourself.

Fred S