[Harp-L] YouTube - Nearness of You - Pat Bergeson

Holy moly. Wonderful playing.

1. Melody is king....he respects and plays the melody beautifully with minimal flourishes to establish the tune.
2. Pick and choose your notes created through bend technique...especially OB's. Place them where they sound the least out of tone texture to create more seamless lines
3. Play "bent" notes at true pitch.
4. Play all three octaves of the diatonic - fearlessly
5. Play without ego. Let the music speak for itself. Pace your solo. No need to show off with fast "licks" or patterns.

This is how I aspire to play.

The Iceman