De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de Randy Singer
Envoyé : lundi 18 avril 2011 23:44
À : harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc : Tom Stryker; Warren Bee
Objet : [Harp-L] YouTube - Nearness of You - Pat Bergeson

I remember Pat when I lived in Nashville and he came to town. It was not
long until he was a first call session musician on multiple instruments.  I
was always impressed by his easy tenacity and musical prowess.

Pat just gets better and better and I believe he is an unsung, fairly
unknown master of the diatonic.

That is about to change as spah has wisely chose Pat to appear at the next
spah convention.

Pat, IMO, deserves this honor as he clearly erases the line between diatonic
and chromatic playing with style, grace, and melody.

Enjoy this clip. As I have noticed, Pat starts off very slow..........then
as the song progresses, he turns up the heat and plays the meanest jazz
substitution licks this side of Howard Levy.

Enjoy........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZTlLT4dqD8

Randy Singer
randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx