Subject: [Harp-L] Request to Seydel

Sounds interesting. Has anyone ever checked with any of the major
manufacturers about just how much it would cost to retool their reed-making
machines? (and then - how much the harmonicas would have to go up in cost for  the
companies to recoup the expense of doing so)?

I guess the question for me would be: would it end up a discussion about
longer-lived reeds, or more posts berating the companies for the higher costs
of  harmonicas?

Or would most think it worth the extra expense?

Elizabeth

PS: Disclaimer: I don't find reeds a major issue for me since I've had only
 3 replaced out of more than a dozen of my regularly played  harmonicas
since 2004.

"Message: 6
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:28:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: jarett  yuknalis <jarett_y@xxxxxxxxx>
To: _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

Dear Seydel Harmonicas,You were the first on the block to manufacture
harmonicas,take this opportunity to come to the forefront once again.Please
retool and mill your reeds vertical for longer life.No need for stainless,no
need to redesign the look,no need to make the reed interchangeble,just brake
away from the practice of horizontal reed milling..You got a bad deal when
the  communists put up the wall and now do the right thing and retool to
mill your  reeds vertical.This is your chance to move back into the number one
position  where you should be  .
Now lets say Seydel followed my advice,well before too long here comes
Hohner  followed by Suzuki,followed by etc.Harp-l would have more interesting
discussions than hearing about broken reeds,its getting old.I've been in this
 game since 1959 when my Dad taught me my first song"My country tis of
thee".Give  me a break(No pun intended). Peace  P.S.Retooling is a common
practice in  the modern manufacturing world."