From: Blueharp1@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 3:20:02 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Hering 1923

I've had acouple Hering 1923's. I like the way they play and sound. Pretty
responsive for the price range, and raw and rootsy in timbre and tone. I
too had issues with the self-loosening screws.
I sucked out the 5 Draw reed (literally!) on one them pretty quick, when I
either didn't remember that sucker won't bend more than a 1/4 tone, or
thought I was on the 4...the other one I still have, after pulling it out of
the dead harps shoebox and messing with the reeds a bit. For some reason, the
screws have held tight since then.( I may have cranked 'em down pretty
hard). I'd buy another, I think. I love the sealed comb, and dig the finish on
the covers too.
Jeff
Denver