Subject: [Harp-L] Help with Tuning

Hi Mike:

What they're talking about is that small 'security tag' which is attached
to many products, not only CD's. You will find it on DVD's, small
electronics and the like, as well as on wallets and purses. It's  sticky-backed,
encased (usually) in white plastic. If you open it up (cut along  the side with
scissors), it has a small metallic silvery strip inside which  is just the
right weight and 'bendability' to slide 'neath a reed to allow  tuning,
gapping, etc. Best of all (for our McGyver-style harmonica fixers), it's  free!

Elizabeth

"Message: 1
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:19:28 -0400
From: "Mike Rogers"  <bullfrog9@xxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l"  _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

Here's my problem.  I'm blind and can't do work on my harps, but have
trained my wife to do simple tuning with file.  Our problem:  we just  can't get
those blow reeds up out of the slot, in order to tune them.   Don't want to
bend or break them.  Is there something simple to use?   Somebody mentioned
part of a CD case, but I haven't got a clue what that  is.

Thanks for any  suggestions.

Bullfrog