[Harp-L] ? reed gapping

I recently replaced reedplates on one of my harmonicas. Now I have a
slight problem with the response of 2 of the reeds. Both are draw notes.
The 1 & 2 draw notes take a little more inhale force to sound than the
others. If played seperately (pursed lips) I can feel the difference but
they will sound. When playing a chord on 1-3 they will also sound. The
problem is, if I want to sound a quick easy chord on 1-3, then slap the
tongue down on 1 & 2 for just the 3 draw they don't play. It's like they
hesitate or choke, it takes them longer to respond.  Question is, do they
need the gap opened slightly? On visual inspection this would seem to be
the case, they just don't look to have enough gap at the end. Thanks for
any wisdom you can share!   Keep Harp'n, Duane