[Harp-L] Tremolo lessons etc. early reci

Tony and Harp-L

As per our previous correspondence (Tony) and to all Harp L folks as well:
This Canadian site below has lots of early tremolo harmonica recordings,
mainly from Quebec and, from what I've seen, most by Henri Lacroix. These
folks used the tremolo as dance band instrument, it seems, much as I like to
do myself. Don't know if you've seen this before.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/gramophone/028011-1039-e.html

I'm looking forward to checking out your lessons. Since so many of the great
traditional Celtic and American tunes (reels, jigs etc) are in one of the
diatonic modes, tremolos are great for this music, fast and responsive.
Playing them is becoming my new addiction. The chorus like sound and full
three octaves fit the music so well. I can't believe it took me all these
years to actually start playing them. Well, even old dogs need some new
tricks once in a while. Here are a couple of reels I wrote recently. Cheers,

John Coster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJbYTw5xwU