[Harp-L] RE: stereo

Richard Hunter wrote:
question whether the difference would be as noticeable with a band

NOTICEABLE
I find stereo significant when playing with a live band. I adopted stereo
with a processor and two smaller amps while playing pedal steel with a
country band. It makes the signal more well-defined, because there's less
cancelling in the midrange frequency clutter.

SPACE
I tried amps side-by-side when stage room permitted, and amps spread at two
sides of the stage, but settled on two matched amps stacked vertically. Same
small "footprint". Surprised me that the stereo effect was still strong. I
could hear myself better on stage (did not need to play as loud), and
musicians in the audience confirmed the benefit.

WEIGHT AND SET-UP
Yep, agreed. Always a consideration of what is gained, in trade for the
effort to make it happen.

HOUSE PA
Routing two lines to the PA is great when available, for sure! What a
light-weight set up: Harps, mic, processor, and two cords! I have run one
side to my amp and the other to the PA. Uncommon stereo, but still
effective.

Robert Hale
dukeofwail.com
Lessons in Phoenix, AZ