Re: [Harp-L] stereo

 Robert Hale wrote:
<Anyone performing on stage in stereo, using two amps driven from your stereo
<processor?

I know a guitarist or two who does this.  I don't know any harp players doing it. I've tried it in rehearsal with a Digitech RP355 and two Seymour Duncan cleanish guitar amps, and the FX designed for stereo--chorus, flange, rotary speaker, ping pong delay, etc.--sounded very different and much more lively.  The rotary speaker effect was amazingly realistic with the stereo setup.

However, it's an open question whether the difference would be as noticeable with a band in motion behind the harp.  And if you've got two amps, that's twice the space onstage, more setup time, more strain on the back, etc.

For many harp players working with stereo FX processors, an alternative is to plug the FX outputs into a stereo (2 inputs, L and R) channel or two mono channels on the PA mixer.  That would certainly do the job, and it wouldn't take up any more space on the stage.  In fact, I've been thinking lately that a small PA, or a pair of powered PA speakers plus a small unpowered mixer, might be the way to go for harp players with amp modelers.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick